Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Break is over.

And you know what? I am actually not that sad. It has been a wonderful summer - both in America and Turkey. I have been able to travel, do a lot of fun things with fun people, and rest. I am ready to start back school and see my kids. Teacher work days start tomorrow, and then the kids come back on Sept 1st. I am looking forward to several things about this school year - one being that I have done this before. So I am hoping it will be a little bit easier this time around.
A few weekends ago - right after getting back from America - I went to visit some friends from NC that live down south. It was really great to see where they live and get to spend time with them. They were such kind and gracious hosts - with some really sweet kids! Pamukkale is a beautiful place that I would definitely recommend visiting if you ever come to Turkey!Yesterday a few teachers from school went to Aqua Marine - a water park on the European Side. We had such a great time and it was a fun thing to do right before school starts back. It was an adventure finding it in this HUGE city, but we enjoyed ourselves. And since there is a month long holiday going on - entrance price was half off! It was a very fun and cheap day.

No comments: