Thursday, August 12, 2010

Since being back...

My first week back in Istanbul was busy seeing friends and hanging out. One of my really good friends here moved back to America 5 days after I landed, so I tried to spend as much time with her as possible before she left. The day after I arrived we went to the beach and then on Wednesday we went to the kuafor to get her hair straightened. I decided to take a risk and get my hair cut and styled here! I figured worse case senario - I get a bad haircut in Turkey. I let him cut about 8 inches off and give me a little bob. I really like it and it is much cooler with this hot weather. Oh and the guy cutting my hair was wearing a shirt that had some English writing on it. Once he realized I was an English teacher he wanted me to read his shirt. It said: "Together for the Gospel" HAHA WHAT! I started dying laughing and asking him where in the world he got it. His sister bought it at one of the local markets. Based on my reaction he was worried it said something bad, but I assured him it was a great message.BEFOREAFTER
A few friends also went out the Maiden's Tower to celebrate a friend's birthday. I had never been there before and was glad to visit, especially after watching the Bachelorette while I was in the states. On their trip to Istanbul, Ally and Craig had a date at the Maiden's Tower. My roommate and I sat in the same table and took a picture.

1 comment: