Well, the first few weeks of school have gone very well. We have had two short weeks. The first week was short because we started on a Wednesday. And the second week was short because we were out Thursday and Friday due to the religious holiday here. It has been nice to kinda ease back into everything, but I will be ready to finally have a full week and be able to get into a routine with my kids.
I have a great group this year and feel very blessed. I have 15 sweet kids, but after Christmas I will have 16. They are really a good group and I am enjoying them. They are much calmer than my group last year, and don't test my patience quite as much. They also listen well, which is really nice. Like I said I feel very blessed! Of course there is still the normal challenges and stresses of teaching, but my year got off to a MUCH better start than last year. Not sure if you remember, but last year was a struggle for many reasons. I definitely feel more prepared and experienced this year. I really miss my kids from last year - as challenging as they were - but they are in great hands with their new teacher.
I have several ESL students this year, and only 3 native English speakers. Much different group than my previous 2 years. But I am looking forward to working with them, they are a bright bunch. I'll try to take some pictures this week of my classroom and kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment