The next weekend (my actual birthday) I road a Red Double Decker Tour Bus with a few of my friends here. I have used these buses in NYC and Paris, and they are a great way to get around the city and see things. I wanted to ride one here just to see where it would take me and what it would say about the places I go. It was really neat to be a tourist for the day and just enjoy this city I live in. I learned some neat stuff too. After the tour we went to my favorite Starbucks - it is right on the Bosphorus Strait - I just love being on the water. That evening I skyped with my family and then watched Baby Mama with a few teacher friends. It was a good day :)


Monday, May 31, 2010
Birthday.
My 2nd birthday in Turkey was great! I got to celebrate with friends over 2 different weekends :) Two of my good friends were going to be gone on my actual birthday so we celebrated the weekend before. Some girls came over Friday night after school for a sleepover and game night - it felt like I was back in High School, but it was so fun! Saturday morning my friends fixed breakfast and then we headed over to the European side for a late lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. It took us over 2 hours to get there, and several modes of transportation (bus, boat, and taxi). But it was totally worth it and so yummy!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment