Sunday, May 30, 2010
Fun Things at School
The month of May was full of fun activities at school. We ended our SS Unit on the Roman Empire and I decided to take them on a field trip to the Archeological Museum here. It was great and I had several parents and a few friends join us. After the museum, we had a picnic lunch near the Hippodrome (an area they believe was the location of an old chariot racing stadium). Then we headed to Krispy Kreme for a tour and some delicious donuts! 



The next week we had a Roman Banquet in our classroom. With the help of a few wonderful parents we pulled it off. The kids wore togas while reclining on the floor eating fruit, veggies, eggs, nuts, and olives. We then went outside for some Roman Games – javelin throw, disc throw, chariot race, and foot race. It was a great day and I think the kids really enjoyed it. Hopefully it helped them to understand a little more what must have been like to live in the Roman Empire.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment