Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kindness

I experienced the kindness of my Father today in a real and simple way. My morning started off kinda hectic (like most mornings). I overslept just a bit and didn’t get my QT in. I was going to wear these new shoes I bought last week but the clasp broke as I was putting them on. I ran out of my apartment in a whirlwind, ready to start the day.

Then I got to school.

I turned on my classroom computer and logged in. A message popped up welcoming me to the “New Windows XP” and congratulating me on the upgrade. I didn’t think much of it, until I opened Internet Explorer and the homepage was different. I then noticed that my desktop looked very empty and the background picture was gone. And when I opened up My Documents, I found nothing. All my documents were gone - lesson plans, worksheets, year plan, and most importantly all the stuff I have been working on for my school’s accreditation. I have spent hours and hours writing curriculum, creating unit plans, etc. All gone.

I just sat there staring at my computer. Frustrated and confused. It was almost like someone had come in and wiped my computer clean - there was NOTHING on it. I started tearing up just thinking about all the time I had spent on these documents that were now gone. At this point one of my students came in and asked if I was tired. I told her no and then she asked if I was sad. I told her yes, that I had lost some very important things and didn’t know if I would ever get them back. She just nodded her head and went back outside.

I continued sulking and throwing myself a pity party. I wanted so desperately to complain to someone and for them to make it better! I even sent out a few pathetic emails. Later that morning when we were doing PR that same student asked that we pray for “Miss Price to find her documents.” Out of the mouth of babes, now why hadn’t I thought of that? Pray. There is an idea.

As the day went on it I finally got out of the daze I was in and accepted that the documents were gone, but that it was going to be okay. I would just have to rearrange a few things in my schedule to find time to catch up on the work load. After lunch I was typing another document and my computer suddenly said it needed to restart. I saved the document and decided to leave the computer alone for a while. Later that afternoon when I went to sign back on, I noticed my background picture was back!! I thought to myself, NO WAY! And then I opened up My Documents and they were all there! Everything was back to normal, from my picture albums to my favorites folder in Internet Explorer.

I don’t understand it or know why/how it happened. All I can figure is that my Father was being extra kind to me. I know for some of you this may sound a bit ridiculous or dramatic, but it greatly affected me and my day. I think it just goes to show how my Father is involved in the big and small things. He cares about me and all his children. Lamentations 3 says:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.


I am looking forward to experiencing His compassions in a new and sweet way tomorrow morning. GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS

1 comment:

Katherine said...

jules, yessssss!!!! i got your email this morning on my way to school and was so, so sad for you. i'm so glad he is so faithful. :)