Monday, January 19, 2009
Chicken...Fish...Soup...Salad
So today after language, Clay and I decided to go grab some lunch. I was excited to order in Turkish because our language tutor had taught us some good phrases to use when ordering. We found a restaurant that looked good and served lamachun - my new favorite meal (its yummy and cheap!) Anyways so we walked into the restaurant and immediately the waiter showed us to this secluded room with nice cloths on the tables and chairs. He leaves and brings us a plate and some silverwear, and then pulls out his order pad and says "chicken...fish...soup...salad..." Before the man can even finish, Clay decides he wants chicken. I on the other hand really want the lamachun. So I try to say in Turkish...do you have lamachun? The man just looks at me all confused. I say again: "LAMACHUN" He shakes his head. I point at the picture and say "I want Lamachun." This time he shakes his head and says "finished." At this point I just order the chicken. I am still not sure exaclty what happened, it is strange to me that he never gave us a menu and that he wouldnt let me order lamachun. He probably just saw some americans come in and though he would take them to this special room and get them to order the more expensive dishes. His plan worked - this time anyways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
hahaha! that is hilarious! silly american! :-)
Post a Comment