Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spirit Week

A few weeks ago, Meghan (my good friend and the 4th grade teacher) and I realized we hadn't had a Spirit Week all year. So after okaying it with the principal, we decided it was time. Last week was the perfect opportunity, especially since it was a 3 day week with Field Day on Thursday! We started brain storming the normal Spirit Week ideas - Hat Day, Backwards Day, PJ Day, Stripes, Hoedown (more common in the South). Since we teach at an international school, we thought it would be fun to do a Culture Day and have the kids wear traditional clothing from their home culture - plus I knew the Koreans had some cool outfits and I really wanted to see them! Monday was Hat Day, but we forgot to take pictures. Tuesday was Culture Day!!!





Sunni (from SC), Meghan (from Alaska), and Jules (from NC)Wednesday was Pajama Day. I seriously LOVED wearing my PJs and bedroom slippers to school. And yes I did sleep in the same pajamas the night before...it was so nice to just wake up and not have to think about what the wear. I did change, though, before heading out in the city to meet my friend at the Grand Bazaar!

No comments: