Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Natalie

When I moved to Turkey two and a half years ago, my good friend Natalie said she was definitely going to come visit. She cut it close - coming during my last month in country - but her visit was fun and memorable just the same! I was in school most of the time she was here, but she was able to make a day trip to Ephesus with a group and spent a day in the city exploring by herself. We took advantage of the weekends and she was even able to come to school with me one day. It was great to have another friend see my life here and it was great to have time with Natalie. We have been friends since 1st grade, and I thank the Father for his faithfulness to us in our friendship. A few highlights of her time here: I was glad to get in one last trip to Rumeli Hisari - such a beautiful view of the Bosphorus!

Dinner at Marco Pasa with some girlfriends - so glad Natalie got to meet my "girls" here. We went out for karaoke afterwards :)


Natalie reading Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing (we both LOVED the Fudge books by Judy Blume growing up) to my third graders.

Playing chain tag :)
Natalie was able to share at Elementary Assembly while she was here. What a blessing to me and the kids. Here she is showing the kids a few Yoga streches.

No comments: