Before I moved here, I read different books about Turkey, and I would always see pictures like this of a beautiful place called Antalya...
Antalya is located in southern Turkey on the Mediterranean Sea. Ever since moving here, I have wanted to visit Antalya, but both my summers have been filled with language or weddings, so I haven't been able to take a trip down there. A few teachers from school I decided to take advantage of the long weekend and make a trip down south. We flew out Wednesday night and spent 3 glorious nights in a tree house. Yes, a tree house. Imagine something your dad would build for you to play in - made of wood with a ladder and everything. It was rustic, but clean and very cheap - they fed us a delicious breakfast and dinner each day. All 4 of us got to stay in one room and as you can see it was a little crowded!

It was a great trip, but after 3 days of being away from the comforts of my fan, bed, and bathroom, I was ready to get back home. Highs and lows from the trip: LOW - slicing my big toe on a rock the first day (10 seconds after getting in the water). I had to go to the Emergency Room - which was a tiny white trailer!
HIGH - spending all day on a boat in the Mediterranean Sea with friends: swimming, laying out, reading, snorkling, climbing rocks, and cliff jumping! 


Antalya is located in southern Turkey on the Mediterranean Sea. Ever since moving here, I have wanted to visit Antalya, but both my summers have been filled with language or weddings, so I haven't been able to take a trip down there. A few teachers from school I decided to take advantage of the long weekend and make a trip down south. We flew out Wednesday night and spent 3 glorious nights in a tree house. Yes, a tree house. Imagine something your dad would build for you to play in - made of wood with a ladder and everything. It was rustic, but clean and very cheap - they fed us a delicious breakfast and dinner each day. All 4 of us got to stay in one room and as you can see it was a little crowded!
It was a great trip, but after 3 days of being away from the comforts of my fan, bed, and bathroom, I was ready to get back home. Highs and lows from the trip: LOW - slicing my big toe on a rock the first day (10 seconds after getting in the water). I had to go to the Emergency Room - which was a tiny white trailer!


2 comments:
That looks FABULOUS!
Love the treehouse story...and sorry about the big toe bummer. I hope the boo boo is all better now. We are about to have our M parent fellowship meeting again next week-end. It reminds me of chatting with you last year! Sharing the phone time was great! Wallace wants to Skype someone this year if we can get internet on the mountain... Do you have a Skype account? Just wondering!
and again this is Mom as in Horton!
Post a Comment