Saturday, October 30, 2010

Domestic

We were out of school yesterday because it Turkey's Independence Day - Cumhuriyet Bayramı. I wish every weekend could be a 3 day weekend. Yesterday I was out in the city all day - Starbucks to do school work and then dinner at Chili's. Today was a very domestic day for me - I was home all day and got a lot of things done. It was so nice. I feel like so much of my life revolves around school - planning, grading, etc - that it is nice to have a day where I don't do any school work at all!

First, I used imported M&M's to make M&M cookies for House Group tomorrow. So yummy!
Then, my roommate and I cleaned out and carved a pumpkin. Some of the students at our school were selling American pumpkins to raise money for their boy scout troop. You can get pumpkins here - infact people cook with them all the time. But they are white/green and have a bunch of bumps.
After that, I switched out my summer clothes for winter clothes. I always love doing this - it's like Christmas all over again. Every year I find some shirt that I forgot I had!

No comments: