Friday, October 8, 2010
Eczane
For about 2 years now I have lived across the street from a hospital and above an eczane (the Turkish word for pharmacy). I had never been inside this hospital, or any hospital for that matter, until a few weeks ago when I had the flu. I went to a private hospital across town that a lot of foreigners here use. It was very nice and my doctor spoke excellent English - it was comforting receiving such great medical care in this country. He fixed me up with some good medications - which caused me to have to go the pharmacy right below my apartment for the 2nd time. The first (and only other time) I went in to get cotton balls. Anyways I got some great medicine and was feeling better with several days. And even though I no longer have the flu - my allergies, or maybe even sinuses, have been acting up like crazy for the past 2 weeks. It is quite frustrating and just annoying. I am learning to really appreciate the days that I feel good and healthy, and also keep things in perspective. A little cold or allergies never killed anyone and over all I am a very healthy person. I think sometimes the Father allows us to be sick so that we don’t take our health for granted. Anyways, it is really nice living right above a pharmacy and knowing I can pop in whenever I need to and get some medicine. Prescriptions don’t exist here except for very strong medicines – like Perkoset or something. So you can easily get what you need! They know me pretty well there now. Here is a picture I took last Christmas of my apartment building. You can see the Eczane with my apartment right above it - see the Christmas tree?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment