Wednesday, March 3, 2010

February Update

February was an extremely busy (and somewhat stressful month). Kinda bizarre since it is so short and the 1st week we were on semester break from school. I spent that whole week grading projects, meeting up with friends, and attending 2 teacher inservice days. At the end of it all I felt like I needed a vacation. And the 3 weeks of February that I was in school was craziness...I started these new Reading Centers with my kids, which has been great but means a lot more planning and grading on my part. Plus one of my TAs (a parent) has been out for the whole month, I didn't realize how much I depend on her help. Needless to say my weekends have been very important and at times, my saving grace. It is crucial for me to have time away from school. The best weekend by far was the weekend of Valentines' Day, and it wasn't because I have some love interest :) Friday I went over to some girlfriend's house for a delicious dinner and a movie. I was able to see some girls I hadnt seen in a very long time and it was great to catch up. Saturday evening was the High School Hoedown at my school. I went last year and helped teach a few dances, and was looking forward to going again. Let me just say that it was a blast! You all know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to dance and I dont get many opportunities here (except in my apartment) to dance. And you probably also know that I LOVE to teach people new dances and get them all into it. So I just had to teach the Hannah Montana dance to Hoedown Throwdown. It was simply amazing.

And then on Sunday after church a few friends went over to Chili's for lunch. It was delicious as always, and the manager said, "Well hello again Jules, I see you more than my family!" He is the one from NCSU. I loved all the fun Valentine's decorations around the city!

1 comment:

Liz Polglase said...

I LOVE that they decorate for Valentines Day!