Yesterday was such a great day...for so many reasons. First of all, it was Friday and the last day before Spring Break. It was also the day that some dear friends from Raleigh arrived. Oh what joy!! I had looked forward to this day for quite some time and was thrilled when it finally arrived. I had a few fun things planned for the afternoon - dying eggs and my kids had earned a ice cream sundae party for learning all their times tables - and so I knew I needed some help. I was going to ask a few parents to come in, but then thought I would ask to see if my friends wanted to help. They were such troopers, especially since they literally stepped off the plane and came straight to my school.
They are not words to adequately describe how incredible it was to see all their sweet faces and get some hugs. Having them at school with me all afternoon – helping in my classroom and playing with my kids – was wonderful. I have had friends/family come visit and have always taken them out to my school to show them around. But this was the first time I have had friends spend the day with me at school. Here are some pictures from my perfect day :)

Daniel and Andrew played Hangman with my kids - this entertained them for a long time and they loved it!


Sitting with Quinn and catching up - priceless!


Quinn surrounded by my 3rd graders - helping them dye eggs.

In line for the Easter Egg Hunt. Paige was so kind to stop by CVS last minute (like an hour before going to the airport) to get me some eggs. It was great, some of my kids had never done this before.

Multiplication Ice Cream Sundae Party...everyone was such a HUGE help!

No comments:
Post a Comment