Sunday, November 29, 2009

Field Trip






















A little while ago - well about a month - I took my 3rd grade class on a field trip! My students last year asked and asked to go on one, but I just couldnt get myself together enough to go adventuring in a foreign country with a bunch of 8 year olds. So one of my goals for this year was to take my class on a field trip. We just finished a Social Studies Unit on the culture and country of Turkey. To kick off this unit I took my kids to Miniaturk, an outdoor museum full of miniature models of famous sites in Istanbul and all around Turkey. It was really a neat experience and I learned a lot - the kids of course had a blast!!












Afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at McDonalds. It was a really fun (and successful) day, thanks to my wonderful parent volunteers!

1 comment:

Katie Carruth said...

awwww they are all so cute! you are such a good teacher, jules! miss you!