The week of Thanksgiving was insane with Parent Teacher Conferences and it being short due to the holidays (Thanksgiving and the Sacrificing Holiday) plus over half my class was out all week with the flu. Thursday I had a school until noon and then headed to the airport to get Julie!
Julie and I lived together for the first 5 months that I was in Turkey. She came in from London for the weekend and it was wonderful to see her and catch up on life. I can't believe she moved away almost 6 months ago. Time just flies! Anyways, we did Thanksgiving dinner with some families we are close to. It felt like a normal thanksgiving - delicious food, lots of people, and great fellowship :)
Friday we got to see our Turkish friend and then went over to Selma's house for dinner and game night. It was a lot of fun and I was really glad that Julie was able to meet some of my friends - girls that have moved here since she left. Saturday was a beautiful day in the city and we spent it having lunch by the water and then starbucks. Perfect.
During this season of thankfulness and anticipation over the coming of our King, I am constantly reminded of how much I have to be thankful for. My Family. Health. Good Friends. A Community here in Turkey. A Job I Enjoy. My Students. And most importantly My Savior! With all that said, I have decided to stay at the school another year. That means I'll be here through June 2011. It is kinda scary, but mostly exciting and I have peace about it. I look forward to all that lies ahead.



No comments:
Post a Comment