


I just returned from spending a few days down in Bodrum for a Women's Conference. What a great getaway it was. It is always good for me to get out of the city for a bit and do something fun. And I did indeed have a very fun weekend. Three of us teachers left straight from school on Thursday and met another friend at the airport to fly down together. All weekend we were beating the crowds...at the airport, checking into the hotel, dinner buffet, conference checkin, etc it was awesome.
There were so many great things about the weekend - seeing another part of Turkey, renting mopeds for about $14/day, meeting new friends, the unlimited amount of turkish food we got, catching up on The Office, the constant supply of american candies and chocolates, singing at the top of my lungs, sleepovers, being on the Mediterranean, etc. But I think the best part of the weekend was reconnecting with my Father and just being with friends. It felt so nice to hang out...away from school, away from Istanbul, away from the normal life and just be girlfriends. A bit of reassurance that I am okay here - that life is good and He is more than enough for me. Praise Him.


No comments:
Post a Comment