I just spent the last 10 days dogsitting for a family here. The wife teaches 4th grade at my school and her family went on vacatin to Antalya. They have an 8 month old yellow lab named Ella! She is a mess. I quickly formed a love/hate relationship with this dog. She is so fun and loving, but also still a puppy that can be quite naughty! We had a good time together...after she stopped peeing on the floor everytime I came home. We went for many walks, which gave me a good opportunity to use my Turkish with all the kids that asked to pet Ella. I could tell towards the end of the week that she was more comfortable with me - she listened better, went to bathroom on command, and was calmer around me. I really do love dogs and miss my dogs at home - I have 2 black labs and a chihauhau. BUT I learned this week that if I ever get a big dog, it is going to have to stay outside. I had a good week and really enjoyed my time with Ella!

One night Ella spent about 15 minutes chasing her tail...it was quite funny.


No comments:
Post a Comment