Monday, June 29, 2009

My New Home!

After a very eventful flight (we ended up being stuck in Canada for over 8 hours! When we landed we busted 2 tires and so we had to wait for a new plane to arrive from NYC. Thirty minutes after taking off there was another medical situation, but PTL we didnt have to land again!), I finally arrived back home.

I was talking the other day with a friend about the word "home" and what it means. What is home? Some say you cant ever really go back home, some say home is where the heart is. Dictionary.com says that home is: "1. a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household. 2. the place in which one's domestic affections are centered" I agree with all that. I'll always think of Rose Hill as home, as well as Raleigh, but for now home is Turkey. My life is here and my home is here. I know this is where I am suppose to be and I am grateful to live and serve here.

Since arriving back HOME, I have been extremely busy!
Flew in late Monday night
Tuesday went to school to work in classroom and complete Report Cards
Wednesday cleaned my old apartment and packed up all day.
Thursday I moved into my new apartment (see pictures below, it is so cute. i can take NO CREDIT for any of the decorating, but am enjoying living in a place that feels like home! and I have a great roommate.)
In between all this I have hung out with and said goodbye to different friends going back to the states for a while!

4 comments:

Britt West said...

I love it! Super cute Jules!

akhdesign said...

They have Ikea in Turkey?!

Jules said...

yea girl! we love it!!

Bonnie said...

oh my gosh, i love this...can i live here please :)