I've always wanted to go to Canada, and here I am...sitting at an Airport in Halifax, Nova Scotia! Why you may ask? Well, I was on the plane from NYC to Istanbul...I had a nice window seat and they had just started the beverage cart around. I ordered my cranberry apple juice (and had my dramamine ready to take). But before she could fix it she had to move the cart because of some commotion that was going on about 5 rows behind me. Turns out that a man had a heart attack, and we had to make an emergency landing in Canada!! The medical staff came on and treated him...not real sure of his status, but he was alert and talking when they wheeled him off. We stayed on the plane for about 30 minutes, hoping to take back off soon. But it turns out that we had to exit the plane in order for it to be reweighed and refueled (Because the plane was too heavy and big to land at this airport so we dumped almost all our gas in order to land).That was 4 hours ago!
We are stuck in the airport lobby and they are feeding us food from the plane. They just started handing out blankets and pillows. It feels like something from a movie! I am just glad to have internet and phone service. We are waiting on a new plane to arrive from Atlanta, and the plan is to leave at 4am EST, and arrive back in Turkey around 4:30pm. But who knows if that will happen! This is definietly an experience I will never forget. I got the chance to practice my Turkish with this sweet old lady who had NO IDEA what was going on. And I met a few students from Maine that are studying abroad for the summer. I got one of them to take a picture of me :)





2 comments:
I'm so glad you are safe. The mom in me is wanting to come help you but I have no clue how to do it.
Oh my goodness Juju!
That is awesome you are having a good attitude about it. I guess you can't really complain over a guy having a heart attack though!
Is it safe to take Dramamine with the cranberry apple drink you ordered? :)!
Praying for you. . Get there safe!
Post a Comment