skip to main |
skip to sidebar
5 o'clock Tea
Last week a new friend invited Juile and I over to her house for tea. Turkish people are so friendly and hospitable, so we should have know it was going to more than just tea! We arrived at her house to find a table set with fine china, beautiful flowers, and a spread of wonderful food. The food was delicious (sorry but I dont remember all the names) and the conversation was even better. She had invited several of her friends over as well, a guy from Ireland, and then two ladies - one from Italy and one from Turkey. The two ladies have both lived in the states while studying in New York. Julie and I had brought homemade brownies (homemade is the only option since there are not boxed mixes here!) and they loved them. We then got on this conversation about America and all the instant stuff they have...cake mixes, chocolate chip cookies, fast food restaurants, drive thru banks, etc. It was really funny and made me realize how silly some things are. After dinner we moved to the den where we talked and ate even more!! It was one of the most fun things I have done since moving here. Very comfortable and just a really great night. I am grateful for my new friendship with these ladies. Oh and I got to practice the little Turkish I know, cause her parents and sister dont speak English. Below is a picture of us all - with her 2 nephews!
1 comment:
awww yay aren't they so kind!
Post a Comment