Saturday, November 16, 2013

Here I am

Well here I am with my first blog post in two and a half years. I didn't neglect this blog on purpose. It just happened. I moved back to the states and for me the blog was no longer seemed necessary. Now there are TONS of people in the states who have great blogs...blogs I love reading. But I am not a writer, and I don't feel as though I have very profound things to say. The purpose of this blog is the update people on my life in Turkey, and every once in a while I share something from my heart.

So here I am. Back again in a country I love. Thankful for the opportunity to be here. Today was my first real day in the city. My roommates had a visitor in town, and I was able to tag along as they showed her the city. We started the day with Turkish Breakfast (something I have really missed - eggs, cheese, bread, cucumbers, tomatoes, honey, jelly, butter, and unlimited çay). 
 Then made our way by bus and then metro to the water. It was a beautiful, sunny day and great way to see the city. The day I arrived it was rainy and foggy. 

 My new roommate posed so I could get this picture of the bride and groom having their picture taken.



No comments: