Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekend of Good-byes

This past weekend was FULL of good-byes (and some tears). Friday night I hung out with one of my Turkish friends for maybe the last time. Saturday, I had a good-bye party for a family that is moving back to the states. I went straight from the good-bye party to the Teacher Appreciation Dinner. It is always fun to see everyone outside of school - dressed up and enjoying themselves.


As a way to honor teachers that are leaving, they ask another teacher to share stories or encouragement for the leaving teacher. My sweet (and quieter) friend, Meghan, who teaches 4th grade was asked to share about me. She decided to rewrite the lyrics to "God Bless Us Everyone" and sing it in front of the entire restaurant. It was so cute and precious. I kept thinking , "I cannot BELIEVE she is doing this!!"


Sunday was the last house group before everyone dispersed for the summer. They chatted over me and sent me out well. It was a very special time - I am so grateful for the opporunity I have had to meet with this group the last two and half years. They have become my family here and I will miss them dearly.


I went straight from House Group to school for a good-bye party for two British families that are returning to the UK. They asked me a few months back if I would lead line dances for them. They didn't want their good-bye party to be sappy and sad, but happy and fun. I have enjoyed getting to know them and their families - and have especially enjoyed having British friends :)

No comments: