I also made up words for the spelling test, set the clock back an hour, moved all the kids name to red (for behavior), and gave them a word search with NONE of the words in it. They worked on this for at least 20 minutes. hehe. Meghan and I kept sending kids back and forth to each others classroom, just to add a little more confusion in there! Overall it was a great day, and a much needed break from the normalcy of life and school.
Friday, April 1, 2011
April Fool's Day
This stretch of classes between winter break and spring break is a long one!! So, the 4th grade teacher (Meghan) and I decided it was time for a little fun. I have always loved practical jokes, but haven't done any since college. So April Fool's Day was the perfect opportunity! The kids were great sports, and very forgiving :) First thing we did was switch the 4th and 3rd grade baskets. Each morning the kids have to turn in their HW folder, but on Friday the 4th grade basket was in the 3rd grade classroom and the 3rd grade basket was in the 4th grade classroom. The kids kept coming in and asking "Where is the yellow basket?" My response? "In Ms. Bennett's classroom, now go..." We also switched out all the pencils for colored pencils! The kids didn't like not being able to erase. My solution, "Don't make mistakes!"
I was able to convince all the kids that it was March 32nd. We have been studing about the Roman Empire and the Julian Calendar. The kids knew that March was named after Mars the god of war, so I just told them that Mars wanted his month to have an extra day, so they could fight wars longer. They believed me :)
My favorite "trick" was removing all the chairs from the classroom. We told the kids they were being inspected for the day. They complained at first, but then seemed to not mind standing or sitting on the floor. We did a bunch of activities at the carpet :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
love the word search idea he he !
Post a Comment