Saturday, January 22, 2011

December Update

I completely neglected this blog in December...whoops! I was too busy enjoying life to stop and blog about it :) Anyways here area a few highlights from the month of December...

Stayed with the Wards
One of the families I am close to here asked my roommate and I to keep their 2 boys (age 7 and 10) while they were out of town. It was fun (and exhausting) to play mom for a week, especially after spending all day at school with kids. Definitely gave me a new respect for mothers that work outside of the home. We had a good time with the boys and actually had it pretty easy. The mom had cooked all the meals before hand and put them in the freezer!

Visit from Friends
Some friends of mine from Raleigh that live in Turkey now came up to Istanbul to visit one weekend. The Saturday they were here was the coldest and wettest day ever! Seriously, it was so miserable. It was fun to see them and have them stay with me for a night.

Natalie's Birthday Party
A dear friend from school had a birthday in December. To celebrate, she cooked dinner for us and then we went to see The Tourist. I am thankful for my group of friends here.

School Christmas Party
We had our class Christmas party that last day of school before break. We dressed up, watched a movie, played games, decorated ornaments, ate yummy food, and exchanged gifts. It was a very fun day.

LB, Elizabeth, Shelly, and Katherine visit
The day after the Christmas party LB, Elizabeth, and Shelly arrived....5 days later Katherine arrived! These 2 weeks with the girls was out of control. I so loved having them here with me, at times it was more than I could handle. I was just so excited for my 2 worlds (Raleigh and Istanbul) to meet. It was awesome to spend Christmas Day together. (Check out facebook for more pictures...we took at least 1000 pictures!)


Trip to Madrid
After LB headed back to the states, the rest of us headed to Madrid for New Years. We had a great time there, although the trip started off a little rough - our bags were lost for 2 days, I got a stomach virus, Katherine was also not feeling well, and Elizabeth hurt her foot. But we still managed to have a good time, honestly all I cared about was being with these girls! New Year's Eve we celebrated in true Spainish style heading down to the center of town, eating 12 grapes at midnight, and going out dancing afterwards.

No comments: