Tuesday, April 13, 2010

a few weeks ago....

I am really bad with blogging about things when they happen. A few weeks ago...March 19th to be exact...I had my 3rd grade girls over for a sleepover. My roommate, who happens to be the 5th grade teacher, and I thought it would be fun to have our girls over one weekend. At first we were going to do it together, but her 14 girls and my 11 girls would make a total of 25 girls. AND that would have been ridiculous. So we decided to have them over 2 seperate weekends. Her 5th grade girls came the weekend before mine. Both weekends were a lot of fun and I am so glad we did it. I was a little worried with my group, that they may be too young, feelings could get hurt, girls get homesick, etc. But it was a very exciting and memorable night, as you can see from the pictures. The girls stayed after school with me and rode the teacher bus home. We put in the movie, UP, right away, while I ordered the pizza! After pizza, I jokingly said that I was going to send them outside to play in the dark. Next thing I know, they are all putting on shoes and jackets. Haha. So out we went....no worries we just played around in the garden area right behind my apartment and told stories. It was a really sweet time. I taught them how to play mafia, but that only lasted a few rounds (can be quite difficult and complicated with 8 year olds, and half of them are ESL). A night of pillow fights and dancing followed. My girls COULD NOT believe that their teacher danced. They said I was a good teacher, but that I should have been a dancer and singer. I was that good :)At 11pm, we put in Pippy Longstocking to watch (it was going to be Annie, but it is rated PG for language!) I slept in the room with them incase there were any problems. At 6am they started stirring and talking, I very calming told them it was WAY to early to be awake and there was to be no talking. That lasted an hour. At 7, I turned the movie back on and kept sleeping on the couch. At 8 I finally got up to fix pancakes.
While waiting for parents to arrive we danced. The night before I had taught them all kinds of lines dances (Tush Push, Cha Cha Slide, Cupid Shuffle, Hoedown Throwdown). It was a fun and exhausting weekend. I look forward to doing it again, but not for another year!!

2 comments:

Lindsey Parker said...

I love this :) . Praise Him.

Jeremy and Kelly Smallwood said...

I as well absolutely love this and would've done anything if i could've been there with you!