Saturday, January 23, 2010

Like a kid on Christmas morning.

That is me anytime it snows. Growing up in eastern NC, I rarely saw snow and so you can imagine the excitement it brings me! I can really only remember about 5 times in my life when we have gotten enough snow to go outside and really play in it - make snowmans, go sledding, have snowball fights, make snow cream, etc.

So when I awoke this morning to a winter wonderland, I was ecstatic! The snow was coming down hard and starting to cover the trees and sidewalks. It was such a nice surprise, especially since they werent calling for snow until tomorrow, and there was only a 30% chance of that happening!
My roommates and I made breakfast and then headed to the grocery store to get a few things. It was quite an adventure crossing the street with our grocery carts, in the snow. It was a dry, powdery snow and was glorious to walk in. Actually I don't think I have ever walked around outside while it has been snowing (it seemed to always snow at night in NC). After returning from the grocery store, I sat by the window with a cup of hot chocolate and just watched it fall. Big, beautiful flakes. I did some much needed grading and the Sunni and I bundled up and headed outside to play in it. We had a blast!! Both being from the Carolinas, we had a great time playing around. We ran around, made snow angels, threw snoballs and went sledding down our awesome hill - I am telling you, just like kids on Christmas morning. After about 45 minutes we came in and I made snow cream for everyone - it was delicious and I have some in the freezer for later. Here are some pictures from our very fun Saturday. I am so glad I didnt have any plans today and was just able to enjoy the snow. As I am typing this the snow is still falling - I wonder what tomorrow morning will bring :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's a great hill to sled down!