I really cannot believe it has been a year, since I left my familiar and comfortable life in America. One year ago today, I arrived in this city. I have been here through each season, and celebrated many firsts - my birthday, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day only to name a few. This past year has brought on so many new experiences. For the first time in my life, I've missed a season of NCSU football. I've attempted to learn a foreign language and use it. I've been washing my clothes in a front loader and drying them on a drying rack - a long process during the winter. I've figured out how to cook in a foreign country and have to substitute ingredients. I've gone an entire year without driving a car and yet have no problems getting around this city. I've visited a lot of new places - Egypt, France, Germany, and other places in Turkey. I've learned how to stay in touch with friends and family through skype and email. I've moved three times in one year. I've started my first year as a teacher and learned so much. And I've seen my Father be faithful to a willing, yet feeble servant. I look back over the last year and I realize how much I have to be grateful for:
- a family who loves me and released me with blessings to come here
- friends in the states that have made the effort to stay in touch with me and sent me notes and packages of love
- a job that I really enjoy and wonderful co-workers
- the kids I teach and their constant acceptance of me
- some dear families here that have looked after me and treated me like one of their own
- new friends here that make me smile
- a kind and gracious Father who has made it possible for me be content here
- friends in the states that have made the effort to stay in touch with me and sent me notes and packages of love
- a job that I really enjoy and wonderful co-workers
- the kids I teach and their constant acceptance of me
- some dear families here that have looked after me and treated me like one of their own
- new friends here that make me smile
- a kind and gracious Father who has made it possible for me be content here
It's been a good year, and I look forward to the next year and half in this place. 


No comments:
Post a Comment