Thursday, December 17, 2009

Here's to family and friends...

...It's good to be here again!!!

I wasn't quite sure what to expect this Christmas - living in a foreign country that doesn't celebrate Christmas, away from close friends and family. But with a little effort I've been able to really get into the Christmas spirit. It has been wonderful and so special. I've been able to attend a few Christmas programs at an international church, as well as a weekly advent service with some teachers. My students and I made green and red paper chains to decorate our classroom. As well, my roommate and I strung popcorn to put on our Christmas tree. Starbucks and Ikea are really the only two places in the whole city where you can go and see Christmas decorations and hear Christmas music - I have freqently visited both of these places :) And then of course I have had my ipod constantly blaring Christmas Songs - whether through my earphones or speakers. I love this season and I love singing these songs to anyone that will listen to me!

Celine Dion's "The Magic of Christmas Day" is one of my favorite Christmas songs to sing. It has fun lyrics, a fun beat, and is so fun to sing along to (as well as to teach to friends, my students, family, whoever!!)

Deck the halls with boughs of holly, It's the season to be jolly
And be thankful for all that we have.
All the lights and decorations, Put up in the anticipation,
Of the joyful celebration, That's on its way.
We're counting the days, 'Til it's time for Christmas day.
Oh and God bless us everyone
The good and the bad
The happy; the sad
Oh and God bless us everyone
Here's to family and friends
It's good to be here again
Some friends at Ikea - isnt the tree beautiful!!!

The classroom tree - with our secret santa gifts around it :) The kids were SO excited and asked every day when they could open their gifts.

No comments: