
That sums up my recent trip to Germany. I was in a small village called Kandern to attend an Education Conference about teaching internationally. It was so neat to be with other teachers that are living abroad and teaching at international schools. I enjoyed comparing notes and was greatly encouraged to be able to share the joys and struggles of being a teacher. Even though the days were long and tiring with meetings, it was a nice little retreat being in a small quiet town. The weather was also MUCH cooler than where I live - it was kinda fun to bundle up for a few days. But by far the best part was all the good food. I had some amazing food from some all sorts of restaurants - Greek, German, Chinese, Turkish, Italian, and for lunch every day a ham sandwich :) I was also able to bring back some tortilla chips, almond bark, lipton pasta sides, gouda cheese, and bacon. My friend and roommate Joan subbed 3 days for me, what a blessing. All in all it was a great trip, but Ill be happy to see my kids tomorrow.

Isnt the town so cute?


On Sunday we took a beautiful hike up to this old castle, it was lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment