Thursday, August 13, 2009

Come Visit Me!

A few weeks ago I had my 1st visitor - my good friend Liz!! It was wonderful having her here for 10 days. Liz was a great guest and fun person to show around my city, because it didn’t matter what we did...she LOVED it! It felt nice to just be a tourist for a few days and really enjoy my city. Sometimes I forget how beautiful my city is and how cool it is that I live here. I had a lot of fun planning our time together and being a tour guide. We were on the go the whole time and it was a lot of fun exploring with a good friend. Liz and I did lots of neat things, but instead of listing them all out here is a top ten from our time together! 10. Eating some good food – McDonalds, Chili’s, Ikea, gozleme, tavuk sis, and Magnum Bars
9. Setting up the self timer at every tourist spot – Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Basilica Cisterns, Hippodrome, etc
8. Going to the Hamam – a true Turkish experience :)
7. Watching like 20 episodes of Friends.
6. Playing cards every spare minute we had – on the boat to the islands, at the airport waiting on Julie, at Starbucks, or wherever else.
5. Laughing Laughing Laughing – I seriously love this girl’s laugh.
4. Liz letting me use her arm for support as I limped around on my strained ankle – the result of wearing flip-flops everyday in a city where I have to walk a lot on uneven concrete.
3. Spending as much time with Julie as possible, which meant we slept like 12 hours in the 3 nights she was here. But totally worth it.
2. Sitting at the Starbucks in Bebek and singing Michael Jackson on my Ipod.
1. Having Liz by my side for 10 days straight – it was glorious and a truly great time!
My old roomie came for the weekend and it was so good for me to have some time with her. I miss her a lot, but am so thankful for the 5 months we had to live together when we first moved overseas!

2 comments:

Liz Polglase said...

SQUENCH YOU!!!!! You were the best host/tour guide EVER. I mean seriously. Who else would continue to hike up mountains and walk through entire cities when only one of their feet work?

I'm still missing getting to hang out with you every minute of the day......I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

So glad to see that you and Liz had such a great visit. You blog page is great and it is always good to see what God is doing in your life. We miss you back in good ole Rose Hill. Take care and We love you!

Mr. John