skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The weekends....
I really love my job, but boy do I enjoy my weekends! Its really the only chance I get to be out in the city and explore. Last weekend Selma, Julie and I went to Bebek, an area on the European side. A few friends had told me about a Starbucks that is right on the Bosphorous Strait, the waterway that runs between Asia and Europe. It was seriously amazing!! We spent over 2 hours just sitting and talking...it felt so good to be by the water and in the sun :) I could have stayed there all day long. All the nationals were sitting under umbrellas, but we had our jeans and sleeves rolled up and enjoyed getting some sun! The view from our seats....
Here is a picture of Kanyon Mall...this cool mall on the Europe side. Its hard to tell from the picture, but its a really neat design with awesome architecture.
This Friday, after school Julie and I headed back to the Europe side to hang out with our friend who is a photographer. She needs to get some shots and we just went along for the fun! We went to the Spice Pazar, the Grand Bazaar (the world's largest covered bazaar), and over to Taksim Square. It was a really nice evening and fun to be with friends. Taksim Square is a happening place, especially on Friday night...much different than my neighborhood on the Asian side.
Yesterday was beautiful and warm here and I was glad to spend most of the day outside with friends. Here I am enjoying a waffle covered with chocolate and bananas...it was delicious. My friend couldnt believe we eat waffles for breakfast...its too rich she said!
No comments:
Post a Comment