One of the benefits of being is teacher is the breaks from school! Last week I was on Spring Break and it was amazing. I really enjoyed my time away from the normal routine of school, language, and waking up early! I welcomed the much needed break. Monday and Tuesday were cold and rainy, so I decided to spend those 2 days doing school work - grading papers, planning for the 4th quarter, working on report cards, etc AND watching movies. It was great.
The rest of the week was beautiful weather and I enjoyed being out and about in the city. Wednesday I went with my friend Selma to pick up my residence visa...I am officially a resident of Turkey now. Then we got lunch and I enjoyed my afternoon down by the water...reading! (something I rarely get to do!) Thursday I went with another teacher and friend, Bess, to these islands that are just out from the city....only a 30 minute boat ride away. It was amazing and so refreshing to be out of the city and away from all the honking and pollution and concrete!! We took a carriage ride, ate lunch at the top of the island, and laid on a blanket is a park. It was a beautiful and warm day; I cant wait to go back and visit one of the beaches there this summer. I also got to hang out with some of my Turkish friends which was also really fun. They are so kind and helpful and I love spending time with them. I have posted some pictures of us at a cafe down by the water.



No comments:
Post a Comment