Friday, December 5, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Last night a group of us went into town to get dinner at Jason’s Deli. Never been there before but it was quite yummy! And while we were out we found these amazing houses that were decorated for Christmas. These families are undoubtedly embracing the Christmas Season. Seeing these houses got me so excited and brought me so much joy. I started blaring the Christmas music in my car and just had to take some pictures.










I love Christmas….the cards…the music…the decorations…the weather…the colors…the parties…the food…the church services…the whole Spirit of Christmas. I could go on and on and on, but the point is that I just love Christmas. The season is so merry and bright. It is full of love, as we celebrate a happy and joyous season. The anticipation and excitement that comes along is so fun! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!
But my very favorite part of the Christmas season is the reason behind it all. Jesus. Immanuel, God with us, was born. He came to live among us, to give us life and hope and joy. He came to save us and present us holy before God Almighty. Jesus is the reason for the season…the reason we have joy, the reason we celebrate, the reason for it all. And no matter your religious affliction, this season of the year is celebrated around the United States. It is the one time when majority of our nation is accepting the Good News in some way or another. In Luke 2 the angel said, Behold I bring you good news of great joy which will be for ALL PEOPLE, for today in the city of David a Savior is born, He is Christ the Lord. And what good news it is. Praise God.

No comments: