Tuesday, November 18, 2008

joys of life.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18
Some of the greatest joys in my life are my family and my friends. What a blessing that I get to live life with the people I love the most. They encourage me and challenge, and most of all the love me. Over the last few weeks I have had to chance to see some of those dearest to me.
Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw came through Richmond on the way to Uncle David's. I got to grab dinner with them at California Pizza Kitchen. It was so good to see them (along with Uncle David, Aunt Paula, Kari, Phillip, and Zachary)
Last week I went to Greensboro, NC for a night to be a part a commissioning service. It was a good and quick trip, and fun to get away for a bit. The BEST part...lifetime girls surprised me! So fun to see them and have them be a part of my special evening. If only Megs was there :(
So on Monday I saw Brittany (pregnant) and on Saturday I saw Brittany again (not pregnant and with a baby!) Speirs was born on Nov 14th...Britt's birthday. I was very excited that I was in Raleigh for the weekend and got to meet him and see Brittany! I had a wonderful weekend in Raleigh with some wonderful friends! I got to see a lot of people and am so grateful for the chance to catch up and spend time with each of them. Several people came to Providence on Sunday night, which was really special. Here I am with the Dempsey boys...Coleston and Rylen!

No comments: