On Tuesday, Bec and I ventured over to nearby mall to do some shopping. I ended up getting a small bookshelf for my bedroom at Ikea Ikea is the best - it feels a little like home - which is strange since I've never even been to Ikea in the states. I've also never purchased furniture from Ikea (although it is the main thing they sell). Anyways when I got home (and after Bec had helped me lug the box up 4 flights of stairs!) I asked my roommate if we had tools and she said, "Oh all the tools that you need come in the box, but I'll help you, its gonna be challenging." I thought she was kidding. She was not.
After dinner, she was busy doing something so I thought I would at least get started. But after opening the box and looking over the directions (which are listed in at least 20 different languages), I decided to wait for her help.
My sweet roommate was so helpful and dedicated to getting this put together. Seriously, I would have probably given up. We both almost did at one point when the boards were not lining up correctly. My solution was to cut the wooden pegs with a knife. We took the whole thing apart and started over and realized we were putting the shelves into the top boards, instead of the side boards. Anyways we finally figured it out and I am glad we didn't cut the wooden pegs or call Ikea.
Here is the final product! It feels so good to have a place for my books, picture frames, jewelry, and some bins for organization. I love it!





1 comment:
love this! and so glad you're back to blogging. :) -KF.
Post a Comment